Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Who is Ms. Lady Mama?

      Looking at my profile description could make you gag.  Yes I hope to raise a little lady and a gentleman, but by no means does that mean that I don't have hilarious, creative, independent thinking children.  My name is a "title" assigned to me by my 3 year old daughter and I LOVE it.  She likes pink. She likes to be a princess.  And she loves a good tea party (especially if it can be a picnic)!  When she is in her royal mood she calls me "Ms. Lady Mama." Conversely she also likes to be a  cowgirl and lasso anything she can with her jump rope, or the dog leash.  For our blog world she is "Ladybug."
     My one year old son gets roped (sometimes literally) into Ladybug's play world.  I have a feeling that will start to change  but he is usually the dragon, the dinosaur, or the frog in her castle.  And sometimes the Godzilla to her dollhouse.  Never the prince.  I don't think she really knows about princes yet. I haven't decided what his blog world name should be.  I kind of like "Dash" because this week he decided walking was boring.  He has done it for a month.  Now he wants to run! I also like "Dash" because that was the name of one of Suzanne Sugarbaker's ex-husbands on "Designing Women.". It has always stuck with me.  So Dash it is for now!  He is very sweet, laid-back little boy.   Dash is learning very quickly about tea parties and how frustrated he makes Ladybug when he does not do "cheers" with his glass.  I hope she appreciates his participation now because each day he gets more and more drawn to his trucks and cars and may not accept all her invitations.
     I am a SAHM.  My resume also includes being a professional ballet dancer, ballet teacher and various other odd jobs to pay the bills.  There are other hopes and dreams of things I want to do but nothing beats being with my babies right now.  Even though I feel I might lose my mind if I hear anymore "Dora the Explorer." Sir Daddy and I have been married for 4 years.  He is a fabulous father.  We also have three shih-tzus. That makes for a very full, little house.  There is much to elaborate on but this is a glimpse of who we are.
I hope for this to be a love letter of sorts to my kids and our little family. Hopefully it will be entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment