Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dish Jenga

     Our dishwasher has a name.... It's Ms. Lady Mama ( yes and Ms. Lady Daddy helps too!).  When we first bought our house the first major purchase I thought would be a dishwasher.  I researched portable dishwashers, was all geared up to buy, then little things like plumbing and electrical took precedent.  And I learned that washing dishes is not all that bad.  If you have to rinse the dishes before you put them in a dishwasher, might as well just wash them.  I would wash dishes all day long ( which basically I do).  I also learned that I hate putting them away.  I don't know why.  Once I get started putting them away it's no big deal.  It's just taking that first step.  I will go to great lengths to not start this process.  I have mastered the art of "Dish Jenga.". "What is that?" you might ask.  It's along the same lines as "Beer Can Jenga"-( just google it or search you tube for videos- it can be entertaining).  Beer Can Jenga is when someone has passed out from alcohol consumption and their "friends" proceed to stack beer cans on them til they wake up or the stack falls.  Since there are no wild parties in my life anymore I now play with the dishes.  Not nearly as entertaining but it's a challenge no less.  There are two rules to Dish Jenga: all dishes in the sink must washed, all dishes must be stacked on the dish rack.  You lose if they fall, you break a dish, or you have to give up and put some dishes elsewhere to dry.  I will find anyway to stack every dish, sippy cup, silverware we own on our dish rack in the hopes that Ms. Lady Daddy will give in nd put them away.  I see the frustration on his face when I start the dinner dishes and the lunch dishes are still on the drying rack.  He then silently starts to put them away.  He is a good man. 
      While thinking more about this I realize I do the same thing with laundry.  Not the Jenga part, well I guess I do see how high the pile can get on the dryer, but not liking putting clothes away.  I will wash, dry, even iron but putting them away is awful.  I don't know what this says about me.  I am all about finishing what you start.  I think the kink in both of these processes is you have to wait. Wait for them to dry.  So there is a break in the process and when I do something I want to do it all at once.  Guess I am not very patient.  My hubby would act shocked and say "No way!" What's  worse is I see this passing on to my kids.  Must be more patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment