Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Got Milk?

Breastfeeding....yes Dash is still being nursed. I am not sure how I feel about it. With Ladybug I took the classes, decided I would try it but thought it would only last 6 months tops. We had a very rocky start, but she didn't stop completely til I was pregnant with Dash. It took 5 weeks, 5 very long weeks, til she got the hang of it. I never understood why people went on about how hard it was until I experienced it.  We started weaning her at a year but she would still want to nurse at bedtime til about 14 months.  I could easily distract her at her regular nursing times.

     Dash is having nothing of it. He had no problems nursing and he has never taken a bottle.  He knew I had the "goods" so there was no way he would take a bottle from me. Well here we are coming up on 15 months and he has no intention of stopping.  I have nightmares of being perceived as the mother on TIME magazine nursing her pre-schooler.  There is nothing wrong that, but it is not who I am.  I am ready to close up shop.  I am ready to drink wine and SkinnyGirl Margaritas!  But Dash has no desire to stop.  If we go to long and I try the distraction method he ends up very upset and pulling at my tatas.  So as much as I am ready to be done I don't want him to be upset with this decision.  I would like for us to gradually cutback. I never thought a man would be so obsessed with my boobs!  I have sworn my husband to secrecy that we still nurse.  I can't take any more judgements.

     The judgements and unwanted opinions are something I was not prepared for in embarking on motherhood.  I have had strangers look at my baby in the store then ask if I am nursing?  How crazy is that?  Leave a mother alone.  Tell her she has a beautiful baby and move on!  I guess I felt I must confess to the great unknown of the Internet.  Hopefully he will stop before college.


No comments:

Post a Comment