Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant

     Here is my first go with a post that is TMI (consider yourself warned). I am finding my voice for this blog and I laugh at other people's potty humor so let's see if mine can make you laugh or sympathize.

Have you ever seen that show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"?   That show haunts me. Especially since I am not on the pill, and do not plan on going back on it, but also am trying to wean Dash so I haven't had a period since August 2010!

  I think how can these people not know?  Did they not notice any weight gain? Any extra irritability? Hormonal?  Exhaustion? 

Fast forward to now.  I am in bed. Actually sleeping.  And I get a cramp in my stomach. No big deal. A few minutes later it happens again. This continues in about 5 min. intervals for a while then when I think about those "phantom" baby kicks I felt the last two nights.  Maybe they aren't phantom?   Have I gained weight? Yes! ( It couldn't possibly be my self medication of chocolate for depression.) Am I exhausted? Yes! ( I chase two kids all day.)  Irritable? Don't even get me started.  I start to freak out.

Have I ever mentioned my tendency to always jump to the worst case scenario? Not that having another baby would be the worst thing, by no means, but giving birth in a toilet would be the worst way to enter the world.

After another half an hour I am getting really worried.  Finally the colon contractions have come to fruition.  It's a .... well you know.  Wow- I think I could win a gold medal for over-reacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment